Thomas Graham & Sons Ltd is a vibrant family run business founded in 1892. We have come a long way in this time and our presence has grown significantly in Cumbria and Lancashire; especially since opening branches in Egremont, Kendal and Morecambe, and following our Head Office relocation from Shaddongate to Kingmoor Park in Carlisle in 2014. Our vision has evolved over the years, however, we still hold true to the original aim of ensuring we offer our customers a first-class level of service at all times.
Our Vision is something we aspire to and are continually working towards. We have key values in which all our staff follow and strive to deliver to our customers.
• Is to be Britain’s best independent provider of steel and industrials supplies
• We go the extra mile to care for our customers
• We are hardworking, friendly, knowledgeable and take responsibility to do the right thing
• We continually strive to improve in all that we do
We strive for a culture which is friendly, team-oriented, enthusiastic and committed. We are an equal opportunities employer and our employment policy is one of continuous development and support.
Our employee benefits can include:
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- Staff purchase arrangements
- Childcare voucher
- Affiliate of the Cycle to Work
STEEL WAREHOUSE ASSISTANT - COUNTER SALES ASSISTANT - CARLISLE
- First point of contact for our customers visiting the steel warehouse
- Processing of sales orders
- Handling customer payments
- Liaising with warehouse teams regarding customer orders
- Stock checks
- Meet and greet supplier delivery drivers
- Booking in deliveries
- General office and admin duties
Critical skills for this role include; attention to detail, self-motivation, team work, and also a desire to deliver excellent customer service.
Hours of work: To be discussed. This post reports to our Warehouse & Distribution Manager. The successful applicant would benefit from previous knowledge of the steel industry, including fork lift truck and overhead crane experience; however, full training will be given.
GOODS IN / COUNTER SALES ASSISTANT - CARLISLE
Your duties would include:
- Picking orders, stock control, preparing orders
- Dealing with counter sales enquiries
- Internal transfer of goods between branches
- Loading and unloading of our own and supplier’s delivery vehicles
- Booking in goods from suppliers
- Stock Checks
- General Housekeeping Duties
- Associated warehouse and sales duties
As the successful candidate, you should ideally possess some previous warehouse or sales experience, but more importantly be driven to learn new products and processes.
Hours of work: 9:00 – 6:00pm Monday – Friday & 15 Saturday mornings per annum (8:00am – 12:00noon) on a rota basis.
Got what it takes to be part of our team? Apply via email to: firstname.lastname@example.orgClosing Date: 27th October 2017
Thomas Graham & Sons Ltd, Kingmoor Park East, Carlisle, Cumbria, CA6 4SQ Tel : 01228 525364 www.thomas-graham.co.uk